This year has started off to a fast and furious start. This has been our January so far:
- We all took turns getting sick with a REALLY bad cold right after the New Year. (Stacey was in bed for 5 days -- you can imagine what the house was like when she started to get around!)
- Peter went camping with the scouts -- in a tent -- in the snow! (Apparently he got cold -- who would've guessed?!)
- We moved all the kids bed's around (and other furniture) and now everyone has their own room -- don't worry, we still have plenty of room for guests!
- We bought a travel trailer -- if you've seen RV, that'll be us this summer!
- David's dad has come for a visit.
- Stacey was asked to lead 42 youth and an army of adults in creating a "Play in a Day" -- yes, she's stressing a little.
- David is in the process of building (and is almost done with) a beautiful cabinet with a drawer to go under our front loading dryer so that we can store the "downstairs linens" in it. (And also eliminate the top of the dryer as a place to collect junk!
The boys have pack meetinging tonight, and Stacey finds out the theme for "Play in a Day" tonight, as well. Things should settle down slightly after Saturday. (Technically it's a play in 3 days, but we'll really be doing most of the putting together on Saturday.)
Well, that's a bit of our "normal" craziness. Hope you all had a great Christmas. I'm going to try to post a few pictures on here -- hope you enjoy! If you click on the link below about "comments" I think you can write stuff to us there! :-)
Have a great week!
6 comments:
Stacey, I just love the pictures. The only time any more I see your cute family is when you send out Christmas letters with the family pic in it. This site looks really good. Hopefully it works out and you are able to keep up with it and everything else. Hope your good.
Heather
Stacey,
Great to hear from you. I think this is a good idea. Pictures are great, your children are growing up fast. Love, Robyn
Love the blog! I have subscribed to it via RSS so I can actually keep up! Thanks for switching it over to this format! I look forward to hearing from you EVERY week... no excuses! :)
An update EVERY week, huh? Good luck with that! That has to include new pictures too, you know! We'd LOVE that!Gramma & Papa XX OO
...and just think those young men were the little boys that showered me in spit the first day I say them.
Love and Miss ya
Christianna
Wow what an exciting month! I look forward to hearing about your play and also the dryer cabinet. I also have an RSS feed so I will know the latest and the greatest!
Post a Comment