Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Becca-isms


David and I were discussing our kids last night and we decided that Becca is in the most amusing stage right now. She says things that keep us smiling for days on end, so we thought it would be fun to blog a few of her latest lines, to hopefully make you smile, and to preserve them for ourselves. Becca takes herself VERY seriously, as most 5 year old girls do, so try to imagine her saying these things earnestly, and see if you can keep a straight face!

Scenario: David and Becca and I are sitting at the kitchen table finishng up lunch. David starts going through his wallet to find me an insurance card. In the process, he pulls out his Costco card and his Home Depot card.

Becca: Dads don't really need lots of cards, cuz moms do most of the shopping. Dads just need a Home Depot Card, and they get to have a Costco card, too, just in case they need to go there.
Mom: I don't have a Home Depot card. Why don't I get to have a Home Depot card?
Becca: Because you're a woman.


Scenario: Becca is talking with our neighbors and their grandmother who has come to visit, about what they are doing this weekend.
Becca: We can't go to the movies on Sunday, cuz we're not Jewish.

Scenario: David and Becca have gone on a trip to Home Depot (our most frequented store!) and they are getting back into the van. David fumbles with Becca's door, because of the packages he's carrying. Becca tells him he's not very good at that door, and he replies that he was trying to divide his attention between her and the packages and the door and that's why he didn't get it right.

Becca: Dad, what is more important? Me or the door?
Dad: You are, of course.
Becca: Then I think you need to focus your attention on me.

Last but not least: Becca stands at the top of the stairs holding my toothpaste and says, "Mom, is this the minty fresh toothpaste that makes your teeth whiter?"
Mom thinks, I have GOT to cut her TV time!!


Well, I hope these little quotes made you smile. Becca is our comic relief lately, and we are glad to have it! Recently I was telling someone that Becca was 5 going on 15, and Becca very seriously corrected me and told the person, "No. I'm going on 16." Heaven help us! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very cute! I cannot wait to see her and talk with her. She is so bright - just like her mother and grandmother!

XO Gramma

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great laugh! Becca sounds like she is just a riot! :)