Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It never slows down

You know, I keep thinking that since this is "our family blog" I should write it from all of us, using "we" and "our" instead of "me" and "my." I keep having to go back and edit, because that's just not natural! Plus it's silly, 'cause you all know that it's Stacey doing the writing! So enough of that! From now on, all blog posts will be from Stacey, on behalf of the family. :-)
Well, my work with the youth on their "Play in a Day" is mostly over (we're doing an encore performance tonight for our ward). It was a huge success and lots of fun for everyone, even if it was completely exhausting!
Friday morning, after picking up some brownies from King Soopers to donate to the cake walk at the elementary school's "Winter Ball", someone ran into our van, while I was driving it. No major damage, but now we have the hassle of getting repairs done on the van and scheduling time for me to see the chiropractor. Just when we thought life might slow down a little... how silly! Luckily the other driver's insurance is being cooperative and admitting full liability.
We've had some requests for more home makeover pictures, so here's the latest. While my parents were here in December, Dad helped David install our stair railings. After 9 months with no handrails, we're not sure what to do with them, but they do look beautiful! (Ok -- the truth. Everyone knows how to hang their jacket on the front posts, but we're trying to break that habit!)
Also, I mentioned last week that David was building a beautiful cabinet to go under my front loading dryer. Not only is it beautiful, but it is SO nice to not have to bend over to take clothes out of the dryer!!


It's such a blessing to have such a handyman in the house!
The kids are all doing well. They really enjoyed the couple of warm days we had this weekend (it got up to almost 60!). They played in the mud in the back yard, went for walks and did some skateboarding. Now that it's cold again, they're back to watching too much TV and trying to avoid schoolwork and chores, and basically driving me insane. Speaking of too much TV, don't miss our spotlight on Becca this week, to the right. She's definitely the comic relief for our family lately!
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Your railing and drawer look amazing! I wish I could fly out there are just take a tour of your house! Maybe I'll wait another year... that way I can see even more cool things.

Best of luck with healing at the chiropractors. Hopefully they have a nice massage table. :)